Futures are mixed to flat this morning. Disney is lower by nearly 6% following earnings where subscriber growth to their streaming services concerned investors. The PPI this morning added to the narrative that pricing continues to cool, showing 0.2% growth in April vs estimates of 0.3%. PacWest and some of the other regional banks are lower this morning. PacWest reported that deposits declined 9.5% last week.
We see several Fed speeches today, something to keep an eye on headline wise.
- Pacwest Bancorp (PACW) -18.75%
- Microsoft Corp (MSFT) -0.38%
- Alphabet Cl A (GOOGL) +2.17%
- Jd.com Inc ADR (JD) +3.99%
- Western Alliance Bancorp (WAL) -1.24%
- Adv Micro Devices (AMD) +1.21%
- Walt Disney Company (DIS) -5.38%
- Amazon.com Inc (AMZN) +0.52%
- Alibaba Group Holding ADR (BABA) +2.59%
- Marathon Digital Hldgs Inc (MARA) -1.27%
- Coca-Cola Company (KO) +0.02%
- Robinhood Markets Inc Cl A (HOOD) +3.64%
Today’s Earnings Highlights:
- Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras (PBR) Expected Move: 4.13%
- JD.com, Inc. (JD) Expected Move: 7.55%
- YETI Holdings, Inc. (YETI) Expected Move: 8.92%
- Krispy Kreme, Inc. (DNUT) Expected Move: 6.68%
- Fiverr International Ltd. (FVRR) Expected Move: 12.93%
Full list here: Options AI Earnings Calendar.
- At 08:30 AM (EST) Core PPI MoM (Apr) Estimates: 0.2, Prior: 0
- At 08:30 AM (EST) PPI MoM (Apr) Estimates: 0.3, Prior: -0.4
- At 08:30 AM (EST) Initial Jobless Claims (May/06) Estimates: 245, Prior: 242
- At 08:30 AM (EST) Jobless Claims 4-week Average (May/06) Estimates: 243, Prior: 239.25
- At 10:15 AM (EST) Fed Waller Speech Impact: Medium
- At 03:00 AM (EST) Fed Bowman Speech Impact: Medium
- At 08:30 AM (EST) Import Prices MoM (Apr) Estimates: 0.3%, Prior: -0.6%
- At 08:30 AM (EST) Export Prices MoM (Apr) Estimates: 0.2%, Prior: -0.3%
- At 10:00 AM (EST) Michigan Consumer Sentiment (May) Estimates: 63%, Prior: 63.5%
- At 07:45 PM (EST) Fed Bullard Speech Impact: Medium
- At 07:45 PM (EST) Fed Jefferson Speech Impact: Medium
Options AI Scanner Highlights:
- Overbought (RSI): PEP (77), SHOP (77), BB (77), CVNA (76)
- Oversold (RSI): SAVE (26), PINS (30), QCOM (30), PYPL (31), TRIP (31), PTON (32)
- High IV: PACW (+226%), NKLA (+186%), ZION (+179%), KRE (+151%)
- Unusual Options Volume: HSBC (+1453%), ABNB (+1088%), TWLO (+1052%), SMH (+984%), MET (+984%), TTD (+941%), BHC (+920%), LI (+876%), HOOD (+864%), UPST (+859%), PYPL (+789%), OPEN (+761%)
Full lists here: Options AI Free Tools.
Chart of the Day:
PacWest vol is close to 300 but can’t account for moves like this morning’s down 25%
That’s all for now. Have a great day!
The Options AI Team
Based upon publicly available information derived from option prices at the time of publishing. Intended for informational and educational purposes only and is not any form of recommendation of a particular security, strategy or to open a brokerage account. Options price data and past performance data should not be construed as being indicative of future results and do not guarantee future results or returns. Options involve risk, including exposing investors to potentially significant losses and are therefore not suitable for all investors. Option spreads involve additional risks that should be fully understood prior to investing. Securities trading is offered through Options AI Financial, LLC, member FINRA and SIPC.